Find out more
- Chancel repair liability is a medieval anomaly whereby the Parish Church was granted powers to charge those owning "rectorial land" for the upkeep of the chancel of the church.
- The prospective risk is unquantifiable, and can affect any property irrespective of its current use or location.
- Of 15,000 parishes circa 5,000 parishes are at risk.
- Identifies potential chancel repair liability for property owners
- Uses a simple, easy to use ordering system
- Results are delivered instantly via email
- Available online 24/7
- Where an issue is identified ChancelSure® will cover the risk.
To find out more about these products and our prices please log on and visit the ChancelCheck® product tab.
- That a chancel repair search of any kind is not a "usual and necessary search"
- Local knowledge should be relied upon, when historical parish boundaries are rarely known
- Only older properties can be affected
- Welsh properties are not affected
- The property needs to be close to a church
- Indemnity insurance is not available where a potential or actual risk is identified.